Love a Delicious Breakfast?
Who loves a delicious, healthy, filling breakfast? We do, too! And that’s why we want to share this scrumptious smoothie bowl recipe with you!
As much as we’d love to take credit for this masterpiece recipe, we have to give credit where credit is due. So, props to the New York Times Best Selling cookbook author Angela Liddon from Oh, She Glows. Angela creates amazing, simple to make & delicious plant-based recipes to support whole body health and GLOW which we love!
All The Goodness in One Bowl!
With fresh, immune supporting ingredients, healthy fats, whole grains, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, this smoothie bowl is a win for any time of the year.
The recipe calls for specific toppings but, we chose our own favorites and so can you. A good option is to always choose organic and what’s in season in your local area, if possible.
We chose Organic Strawberries, Blackberries & Mango (it was on sale..bonus!).
Additional toppings were Organic Hemp Seeds, Purely Elizabeth Blueberry Hemp Granola & Unsweetened Dried Coconut. YUM!
What gives is the body of the smoothie bowl that rich green color?
- Organic Avocado
- Organic Baby Spinach
- Matcha Green Tea Powder
Avocado gives the thickness to the bowl and adds important healthy fats that are needed for cellular and brain health plus natural energy.
Baby spinach provides vitamins & minerals and is a natural source of iron.
Matcha is a pure form of tea & is loaded with anti-oxidants and natural caffeine. The greener the better with Matcha. We like a brand from our professional grade supplement dispensary. (PWS Members receive a 15% discount!) Consider cutting your a.m. coffee and enjoying this delish heathful bowl instead!
Ready for the Recipe?
Ok so, you’re sold, you want the recipe already?! Gotchya covered! Find the recipe below and be sure to let us know in the comments below what you choose to use for your toppings!
FOR THE SMOOTHIE BOWL:
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) water*
- 1 heaping cup (145 g) frozen mango chunks
- 1/3 cup (55 g) packed avocado
- 1/2-inch piece (7 g) peeled ginger, or to taste
- 1 cup (30 g) packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 small (75 g) clementine, peeled
- 1 very large (30 g) pitted Medjool date**
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder (optional)
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- Diced fresh mango
- Vanilla Super Seed Granola or granola of choice***
- Raspberries, blueberries, and/or strawberries****
- Hemp hearts
- Clementines, segmented and chopped
- Add the water into a high-speed blender followed by the rest of the smoothie bowl ingredients. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings as desired. Serve and enjoy!
* Feel free to use coconut water if you like a sweeter smoothie.
** If your blender has a hard time blending dates smooth, you may want to swap the date out for a teaspoon or two of pure maple syrup. It also helps to use a very fresh date as they’re softer and blend easier. You may also be able to omit the date all together and use coconut water as your base for sweetness.
*** You can find the recipe for this granola in Oh She Glows Every Day, p. 33.
**** If fresh berries are out of season, feel free to use frozen or swap them with banana slices for your topping.